View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #36
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1129 View Post
seriously? You just compared street racing to segregation? LOL good one. Because street racing takes black people out back and hangs them from trees. Yes it sucks when people get hurt or killed in street racing, but some times in some places you can do responsible street racing. I know its hard to imagine, but people dont die in every street race. Oh and sometimes people actually die at the drag strip. Can you believe it?

If this site does have an actual professional relationship with GM then I understand why they dont have a street racing section. However just because you have a section doesnt mean you endorse it. Allowing people to talk about it isnt endorsing it. But if GM doesnt want it at all that makes sense.

Really? lol you must of migrated from ls1.com. Dont be butt hurt about it. Just be happy that tech exists to provide resources and knowledge you would never get here or ls1.com. This site has huge potential, but there are some serious tool bags that post the most nonsense (not saying its you) and try to pass it off as gospel ..i.e...30rwhp from a CAI or using a line lock to launch is just as good as a trans brake.

You never once ever in your adult life got on the gas next to another car? Street racing doesnt have to be a no B.S. drag race. It could be a roll race on the highway/back road race/ block off road/ old runway....ect ect.
You know - you make some good points. I don't think any of us here have never gotten a little happy with the loud pedal with the car(s) next to use. For me, it comes down to it's just easier to not allow it than to have to moderate it. Yeah - everything has to be moderated, but there's just something about posting some of the stories I can imagine seeing on here that really irks me. Having a site of my own (that I hardly frequent, lol) I can say that we have a Street Kills Section, but I've never liked it. Too many times I'd read about people evading the cops, or just being REALLY irresponsible around other drivers and with others in their car. This site doesn't cater to GM, nor does it have sponsors that we cator to. I think it just makes it more of a friendly place. God knows that we have enough politics and religion that creeps in making things complicated enough, let alone another controversial topic like this.

JMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs