View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Well, according to Fbodfather there are "no immediate plans to offer a Bumblebee Package" and they only plan to paint three of them to fulfill the contest winners as quoted above. However in the same thread he also mentions the price point we all were discussing for what we would be willing to pay for the package (which was around $2,000) is how much the paint costs alone without the labor and cleaning etc.

Fbodfather,

I don't see how it can be cost prohibitive if GM makes it a package where people can place orders thru the dealers and give a six month waiting list until you get enough orders. I don't see how you guys simply couldn't replace one of the lines with the Valspar paint and streamline the painting in the same fashion as all the other cars are being painted once you get thousands of orders. The cost of labor for painting should be identical to that of any other color. I do understand since you guys are only painting three for the contest that they have to be done manually. However if you can get 80,000 or more people spending $2,000- $3,000 for a package that is basically just the paint job on the V6, then you can replace the color with the Valspar Sunrise in the machines for the painting the same as every other car and do a run of 80,000 or whatever the number of orders are. So you can start this ordering process thru the dealers and give a timetable it must be done in (three months or a little more) and then you buy just enough paint and do a whole bunch at once. I'm not a business major however it would seem that you could do this and really boost the popularity of the Camaro as more Bumblebee's are seen on the road for the years to come..... Just my two cents..