View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Pricing - My Story

I went to the dealer (Koons Chevrolet in Northern Virginia) yesterday to order my Camaro but was told to comeback today. Today, after an hour or so to figure out what was going on they told me to get the first Camaro on their schedule I wold have to pay $25,000.00 over MSRP. That's not a typo.

I understand that maybe there are some real die-hards out there that might go for that but I'm just an average Joe. I explained to the dealer that there was a misunderstanding and all I wanted was to order the car. I did not have to have the first one delivered. In that case they said I could have a car for $5,000 over MSRP and I nearly fell out of my chair recalling some of the comments on this forum about reasonable prices, i.e anywhere near MSRP.

Am I annoyed? Absolutely. I told the sales person that for that much I would buy the car from any other state in the union and drive it back to Virginia if the deal was fair all the way around.

Maybe I am being naive about all of this. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic as I've never pre-ordered a car before. Did I walk into a buzzsaw here?

I still love everything about the 2010 Camaro and I envy those that have a decent change of getting one (but get the SS package!!).

Paul
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote