View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
First, I like how it's SUNOCO inspired....pretty cool, there. But a lot less race inspired and with a lot more every day street potential. I think it all depends on taste because like you said, there are so many things you could do!

I do like the tires...raised lettering, black rim, matching pin stripe around the edge of the wheel (or just inside the outer edge so you don't scratch it up if you happen to run up against a curb...that could mess up not only the rim, but the entire line).

What color were you looking to go for with the pin stripes? Is it more of an orange or yellow like the SUNOCO car? Either orange or yellow would go well with this combo. I've always been more of a fan of yellow with this shade of blue. Don't get me wrong, orange looks good too, but I just like how the yellow pops and compliments the IBM.

Badges: I think I'd put the Camaro with SS below it on the sides and only put the RS in the center of the grill. At least, I'd like to see how that looks. If you keep both, I'd either make both the same color, or keep all SS's the same color and make the RS pinstripe color too....or chrome. I am the type that likes a main base color shade on the car with a second shade of color (stripes, etc) and then a "highlight" color....which would be all your pinstripes, etc. Going beyond that gets to be too much of a color spectrum and makes it, IMO, too busy (not that you are doing that, but the red in the grill seems like it throws off the theme).

Looking at the side shot, were you planning on doing anything to the back? ...maybe satin in the back panel?...no pin stripes back there, right?

I like the sig pic...looks good. Other ideas...black door handles and spoiler? I do like the light color painted bottom (can't tell if those are GFX in the sig)....but yeah...that would be tough to keep clean...

All in all I like it. Different take on the hockey's for sure...but they do work with the car and the lines.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote