View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #24
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS and a 09' Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Okay. I'm going to ignore your sarcasm and try to help you answer your question. When you're refering to the 30 and 25 series of tires, are we to assume that your are staying with the 245 adn 275 tread widths for the front and rears, or are your new 22's a different width from the stockers? A sidewall series means nothing if the tread width isn't included. If they are the same, you're front wheel/tire combo radius will remain the same, and your rear will only shrink .6 inches. So your front fender gap will be the same as it is now, and your rear will increase by .6 inches.

If you're still looking at drop springs, just measure the gap, and get a spring with a drop rating that removes that gap to an inch. But you should get the coilovers. That way you can fine tune your fender gap, and adjust your dampening for your desired ride quality. You won't have that flexability with just drop springs.

The Pedders guys are very helpful and I'm sure their xA's are a great match for what you need.

About the alignment, everytime you make an adjustment to your suspension geometry, your alignment changes. If it's a temporary, minor ride height adjustment, I wouldn't worry, but if you're gonna keep your changes, get it aligned or you'll ruin tires and mess with your cars handling.

Hope your build goes well!
Thanx for the answers to my questions.

As for the sarcasm you gave the same on your first post to me. Im heavy skinned as i see you are too....

The wheel size will be 10.5" rears with 9" fronts.
I noticed that the PFADT set-up only drops about 1.5" max which i don't think this may be enough. And if i wanted to go lower im sure the ride would suffer tremendously with springs.
As i stated above i know nothing about coilovers in a Camaro, thats why i ask about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
Hey OP, You dont even know what you're asking...If you know so much about lowering cars and have been to alot of gay rodeos then you would know aftermarket coil overs would give you a more "Comfortable" ride, You should have used that word from the begining btw. You aslo should know since your SO exp in lowering of vehicles that you have no ability to adjust compression or rebound with just springs, so basically; are you answering your own question?!?

Try to have a little more class and humble your self when people are just trying to help you.
As for you.....LMAO!!! Theres always a tuff guy behind a keyboard...and your it aren't you. Well if your ever in KC, MO look me up..PLZ!!!! I do visit OHAHU as i have some extended family there. We should hang PLZZZZ!!!!!! "keyboard toughguy" You have nothing to offer to this thread so stay out..THANX "keyboard toughguy".

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 12-29-2009 at 04:26 PM.