View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #192
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
DSO Camaro V-6 Twin STS Turbo

By the way, I've been curious to note that I have not seen a lot (practically none) of discussion about the DSO Camaro at SEMA 2009. They won the category for best interior but no one seems to mention the fact that they had a STS TWIN set-up on a V-6. Seems everyone only discussed the Leno Twin. If anyone knows Chris Mangum, perhaps they can provide some additional insight. Also, I believe DSV Customs, a C5 vendor, did the interior for the car. My understanding from STS is the car has been on tour and runs fine. I had discussed with STS the benefits of a TWIN vs. Single for our V-6's but the single set-up can be made to run up to 750 HP. The issue is how much the engine/drive train can handle. Since there is a lack of "upgrades" for bottom half/drive train, I figured the single was more than enough (and much less costly). Once I get the meth/boost controller, I should be able to run up to 10 psi (but probably street a lot less).

Remote Mount Twin Turbo 2LT1 RS

Carbon fiber even makes an appearance under the hood with a carbon fiber top high-flow filter feeding the twin turbo 2LT1 RS that delivers 454hp and 427lb-ft of torque.
A full suspension upgrade of race spec coilovers, struts, and sway bars, with E8 engine mounts & suspension bushings has been provided via Pfadt Performance. A Brembo Gran Turismo High Performance Package with 15” two-piece floating rotors, 6-piston calipers up front and 4-piston in the rear, provide the stopping power.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote