View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
I wanted a map, onstar does not give that. I do not want any turn by turn. Yes The car in itself is jewelry, and the CF hood also. The point is when in a bad reception as I had in Oshkosh the cell phone app map was no good and I wish I had a real GPS. Yes most drivers know where they are going but having a map is a good thing to have for me.
You will never know until the order is placed and accepted on what you can get or not get, been there done that. It is very strange some dealers get things others do not. I had a order for 2 months with blk wheels NAV and CFHood then when time for GM to pick the order all three where on constraint. So my dealer found a trade for me to get them all. I would think the NAV is no big deal to most, but it was for me so I waited for the 13s to get it.
Remember the dealer needs a allocation to make the real order, just getting a order # does not always get the car in line to be built. I ended up making a new order # after my first with the same dealer to do a dealer trade.
GM never anticipated the demand for the blk wheels was what I was told and the CFhood had problems at first.

Last edited by Skylane765; 10-28-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote