Old 09-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
SPORT MODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsrt8 View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been driving my car for a while now trying to get used to everything before I mod the crap out of it. I don't know if something is wrong with my car, but I want to see if some people have experienced what I have experienced.

Wen I drive in D or sport mode, a lot of the time I press the throttle down to downshift and up the rpm a bit..... A lot of the time it doesn't downshift and it seems like its not in the right gear. The most interesting thing is this; when I press the throttle and it doesn't down shift, the rpm creeps up slowly as if you went full throttle at low speeds on a high gear. So it feels slow and as soon as it hits 2800-2900 rpms, it knocks the hell out of me and pushes me back in the seat and it seems like that's when the blower kicks in and the car is in the right gear again. Like a bat out of hell. Weird? Or is there something magical behind 2900rpm? Lol

Sorry in advance if this seems too vague or stupid.

Thank you,
I'VE FOUND IN SPORT MODE THAT IF I NAIL IT AND THEN LET OFF THAT THE TRANS DOE NOT SHIFT TO THE NEXT GEAR UNTIL MUCH LATER. DON'T UNDERSTAND THE DELAY IN SHIFTING ONCE I LET OFF. ANY IDEAS???