View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #25
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscarguy View Post
I was introduced to zanio with my corvette (navy blue metallic). As a complete system I had great results. The vette was driven everyday in here is kansas. I would wash it twice a week with the zanio soap and used the Z-6 spray between polishes. I thought it was really easy to remove the polish. The key I found was thin coats. I found that if I was putting it on thick enough to see than I had my work cut out for me to buff it off. I used a little Z-6 on the towel when this happened. I do agree that it was somewhat time consuming. I would spend a whole weekend on it and end up with 30 coats. The depth of shine was just too additive to stop. But maybe that wasn't the Zanio's fault. (LOL) I just wish it was available at the local auto stores so I wouldn't have to add shipping costs each time.
Just my 2 cents, but to each their own.
+1.

I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to the Zaino products. The first time I did the whole process on my Camaro, I was very pleased with the results but buffing the different products off was labor intensive. I kept coming back to the forums and the Zaino website for tips. This past weekend, I did the whole process again and the tips made a HUGE difference with the effort. I was putting WAY TOO MUCH product on the car. I have learned that when you apply coats of #5 and #2 (and any of their products), you should barely be able to tell that you've put something on the finish. It is not like the waxing in the old days where you expect to see chalky white swirl patterns of thick layered wax. No sir. You should only see the finish altered visually as if someone put a greezy hand print on the finish. Any more than that and you've put too much on which will be tough to get it buffed off without leaving residue in spots no matter how many times you turn your towel. Now that I have learned how to use the product correctly, I wouldn't use anything else. OP, if you still have Zaino product left, I would suggest giving it another shot with these suggestions. Not bashing the other products, just sharing my experiences. Unfortunately, I've been cursed with an extreme attention to detail so if it doesn't come out just right, I'm not happy. Zaino is indeed like a visual addiction, no doubt. Cheers.