View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy View Post
Lieberman from Motor Trend is such a joke.
Goes around the track at a 5/10th pace and talks about damping instead or dampening or a tank slapper which you can have only on a motorcycle if the front wheel goes lock to lock...
Last year the 5.0 was "americas M3" this year it is a P.O.S...
In all fairness they should have put the 1LE against a Boss 302 and M3 or call of the whole thing...
Besides that 99% of the customers cars will never see a track or the drivers will have Lieberman's abilities...
So track tests like this or the Lightning Lap are interesting to watch but really don't have much meaning in the real world...
That takes nothing away from the fact that the Camaro is a much better track car with more torque but 3 extra cams and 16 extra valves egalize 1200cc displacement.
Makes you wonder what a 6.2 L LS-3 with 4 overhead cams and 32 valves could do ?!
I think they did this comparison right,
A 1SS with the 1LE package cost 36.5k NO other options included
A base GT with the Track package cost 34k NO other options included
A base M3 cost 60k, before add their 'competition package' ( 2.5k )

(the base 1SS is noticeably much better equipped than the Base GT, If you want Brembo's for the GT it's another $1,700)

As for the Boss 302, if I am not mistaken Ford has stopped producing them? You can no longer 'build' the car on their website, regardless the 1LE ran around VIR in a 2.58.34, the 302 LS ran a 3.02.80
Willow Springs 1LE 1.22.7, 302 LS ran a 1.26.10

Only two tracks I found common times on, and the 302 Boss as stated by somebody else is close to a 50k car? with no back seats, That is Corvette territory....

So in my opinion this comparison was spot on as far as 'fairness'

However to all their own opinion

375RWHP/399RWTQ

Last edited by ThaCamaroKid; 02-11-2013 at 11:54 AM.
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote