View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
Does it make the car more rigid/secure? Does it improve handling at all? Or is it mostly looks?
I had the 2012 V6 for 18 months, and really love driving the car. We have a stretch of twisty road and speedbumps around the backside of the factory I work at that we call "The Slolom", and all the early shift guys run the slolom on the way in. It's great fun as long as we don't get caught.

Well, I used to run it in my T-Bird, and that car felt like the door handles were scraping the pavement. Then I got the V6 Camaro, and it was STIFF! I could track the slolom and feel exactly when the tires are about to break loose, and only after the car was a year old could I sometimes feel the front end flex.

So a few weeks ago I traded in the LFX for an L99 SS, and now I feel the front end flexing really easy, probably due to the heavier engine. The V6 is a LOT more nimble than the V8. I only had the car 1 week before I ordered a strut tower brace.

So, to be fair, I have not installed mine yet, I just finished painting it, but I will report within a few weeks how it performs.