Thread: Gen-V V8
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
weedwacker13

Drives: 1990 isuzu trooper
Gen-V V8

Ok, so right now I am almost 19 years old. And so far I have wanted this car for over a year now. For me its the get a V8 or go home attitude. (nothing against the V6 group, it truly is a remarkable engine). Anyway, I have been saving my money as best I can, why keeping my truck on the road. I now have about $5,000 saved, and am trying to accelerate the rate that is going up.

Anyway, to get to the point how long does everyone think the LS3 is going to last. I remember reading threads a few months ago about the Gen V v8's that were supposed to come out around this time, (2009 or 2010) but have been put on the backburner. Im my opinion, this is the perfect time to come out with a new V8 with better gas mileage, and honestly if you need more than 426 hp, you probubly dont care to much about the mileage anyway (So give us less buck for the same bang) . So is it worth buying a used 5th gen V8 withing the next 2 or 3 years, or is GM going to bring out a new V8 possibly direct injection, that will blow the LS3 out of the water in efficency and power.

P.S. please dont remind me about insurance payments for a 20 or 21 year old, I already dread the day. (and I do work and pay for everything myself)
weedwacker13 is offline   Reply With Quote