View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
I read, i think on chevy.com, that the V6 is going to get 27MPG, with the automatic. Thats pretty damn good. Thats about the best HP to MPG ratio I've seen. Is the stick going to get less? How much less? My RX-8 gets shitty milage, I was thinking about getting a loaded Mazda 6 with the small motor. This camaro costs the same, gets 2 MPG less and has 300 HP instead of 170. Tough choice eh? :-D

I do wonder how this car will handle compared to my RX-8. The weight is about the same, but the RX-8 is probably a little better balanced. I'll miss my back doors but not as much as i'd miss rear wheel drive if I got some other car! Hell i'd probably still buy this thing even if it came with the turbo charged 4cyl out of a Solstice :-) But hey I drive a 1.3L vehicle so wahcagoonado
The V6 is actually suspected to get an EPA rating of 26 MPG, but you may actually end up closer to GM's estimate.

To be honest, your RX-8 will probably have better handling. One of the last MT magazines had an article in it with a race driver saying the RX-8 was the best handling car he had driven... ever. Thats compared with ferraris and such.

And to the MPG. It is likely the stick will get better MPG, but as of late, most automatics are just about on par with the manuals. Figure the auto will get 25 EPA for highway. Hope it helps bro.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote