View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #92
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Is your gulp possibly what I mentioned above?
They are related somehow, because I did not lift on the throttle, but the reported TPS dropped from 84% (what the computer sees as wide open), to the 40%'s or somesuch. So something in the computer backed you off the throttle like traction control does. But I had traction control off, so the exact cause of the "gulp" is unknown to me. But the fix, for me, was to add more time (back in) to the desired shift time. Just a gut feeling, and it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Again, thanks for posting all the detail mod by mod. With respect to trap speed, I might not be taking into account the raceweight and the overall gearing of the car. Do you finish the quarter in 3rd or 4th? What's next a small gear change?
Exactly. On the chart above, you can see the 3-4 shift at about 10.0s. So I'm in 4th for just 2.1s.

So I have a 3.45 differential from an M6 and it goes in this week (hoping). A6 differential is 3.27. That ought to stretch out the time in 4th, moving earlier the 3-4 upshift. I haven't done the math yet, but I know I'll be happy with an earlier shift.

Anybody want a slightly used A6 3.27 diff? It actually would be great for a 3.73 gear swap from a vendor like Jannetty, and then you could sell your old diff...

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote