View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX Camaro View Post
I received my shift handle from forum sponsor CFD this week. This handle replaces the factory shifter on the L99 Automatic and will accommodate an aftermarket shift ball or handle. I decided to switch over to the LS3 manual boot. Installation is straight forward and can be done in 15 minutes.

First step is to remove the bezel/gauge pod around the shifter. It unclips by lifting up. There is a wire harness to unplug in the left rear.

Next the shift handle is removed. There is a small plug on the front side of the shifter. With this removed the 20 torx screw can be removed. The handle will pull up and off the shift mechanism.

There are four 7mm screws that hold down the shifter trim. With these removed the shift bezel will unclip.

The CFD shifter is supplied with an O-ring and screw. Install the O-ring over the factory shifter, apply a small amount of grease to the top plastic lever and install the CFD shifter. Then tighten the supplied screw.

I decided to install the LS3 manual shift boot. There is a machined groove in the shift handle that will help hold the boot in place. On the inside I installed a zip tie that will secure the boot in the groove.

The shift boot is then pulled down over the shifter and screwed into place.
Manual shift boot, GM part number: 92247493

The gauge pack is then reinstalled along with the shift ball. I chose a 100th anniversary logo ball from Speed Dawg. The over all look, fit, finish and function are great. All these pieces combined give the center console a very unique look for an automatic.

Looks great now you just need to go in and fix the shifter boot(if you want) to get rid of the gap at the front.
Here's some pic of they way it will look after the mods to the boot.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote