View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
You're going to get a ton of different opinions here, but I think with the blower you really have all the power you need. You can go to a smaller pulley and make more boost. Once your cam goes in it will drop your boost anyway so you'll need it.

I went with a Comp VVT cam because I really just wanted the sound. An LS3 conversion is more expensive as well, but if you're doing your own labor you'll save a bunch.

If I hadn't gone with a blower I would've gone with a larger cam and an LS3 conversion.

Just my opinion...since you have the blower already...go with a VVT cam (and a torque converter).
The TC is definitely something I will be doing down the road.

My car is a bit underpowered considering the mods. Blown with all the components and only 471rwhp. Ya, the wheels don't help, but guys with 22s have had better numbers. I'm not neccesarily chasing a number, because I wouldn't know what number to chase, but I do think I'm underpowered now, considering. Maybe my borla headers with the small primaries is hurting? Nto sure, but If I'm gonna do a cam, I want the max power benefit I can safely get.