View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 03:34 AM   #143
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Calling my project a "build" is extremely gracious of you; all I'm doing is replacing a few parts with upgraded ones. What you're doing is a genuine build. I'm not even in the same stadium as you, much less the same league. Even if I had the money I wouldn't know how to do half of what you're doing.

Sleeper cars can be so much fun. I remember some years ago a guy put a World War II Rolls Royce Merlin V12 engine from a Spitfire in an actual Rolls Royce. From the outside it looked like a dead stock Rolls Royce. He said it was hilarious to pull up behind a Ferrari or Porsche doing 180 on the autobahn and flash his brights for them to move over. I can only imagine what Ferrari drivers must have thought looking in their rear view mirror and seeing that barn door front end of a Rolls flashing its brights at them at that speed LOL. And then blow past them. It could cruise at 200 mph. Of course I think it got something like 6 mpg but he was rich and didn't care.

I can't wait to see what yours can do. I'd love to see it if you'll be showing it anywhere in southern California.

Holy F*CK 1,xxx hp right there.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote