View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Just because pricing between certain trim levels of the Camaro and Corvette may be somewhat close, if doesn't necessarily follow that there will be a lot a cross shopping between to the two models. One would have to have detailed marketing survey data regarding the Camaro and Corvette to really know how much overlap or cross shopping there is between the two models.

For me the Corvette and Camaro have always served two separate and distinct applications. I see the Corvette as a two seat sports car, and the Camaro as a muscle/pony car. I currently own 2 of each and use them for different purposes.

No matter how hard one tries, one can't fit four people into a Corvette. For most people I think a Corvette is likely to be a second vehicle due to its limited passenger and storage capability, whereas, the Camaro is much more likely to be used as one's only vehicle.

The Corvette has a much more limited market than the Camaro does, as sales indicate, as there were only just over 12,000 2010 Corvettes sold and there were over 80,000 Camaros sold in 2010.

There may be some cross shopping between the Corvette and the Camaro. I, however, have not seen any real statistical evidence that supports much of it.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote