View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 AM   #18
yellowLS
Youtube: Exotic Review

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Bring your ride as well. I was there few times ago when your buddy brought his Masseratti. I don't recall anyone shunning anybody. I will say this though. Why not bring "your ride" as well. It's obvious you are proud of your car and totally dig it. Bring yours out regardless if your friend brings his or not.

I would have rather seen your ride than his exotic and here is why. It's a nice car i will give ya that. But, it looked like it was owned by a person who really doesn't care about their ride and views them as just another disposable toy. You could tell this just by looking at the road damage on the entire front of the car he clearly could afford to fix. I only spoke to him briefly and the sense i got from a 5 minute conversation was he liked none of the others cars there and that he wouldn't even consider ANY American vehicle to be a true performance or supercar. I kindly disagreed by pointing out i'd put my money on a ZR1 all day long against some of the top vehicles in the world in certain instances for a ton less money.

It didn't make me dislike the guy or anything because of his thoughts it just made me wonder why he would even attend a gathering such as that if he feels pretty much anything American is junk or just not worthy.

Maybe he gave others the same impression and it flowed toward you as well. I don't know but, just a thought.

He is actually looking into buying a Ford GT, so idk how you got the idea that he didnt like anything American, and the Mas is his daily driver and has the most mileage out of all his cars. He does care about his cars believe it or not, some less than others. He has an Alfa Romeo 8C sitting in his garage that he NEVER drives because it is such a rare car. I'm gonna try to get him to get his Lamborghini Supperleggera or his SLR Mclaren out, which are a little better kept than the Mas lol, I might bring my car, but sometimes its easier to hitch a ride with him.

I only drive fine exotics....and a Camaro....
yellowLS is offline   Reply With Quote