View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #41
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Reaper View Post
I want to believe this is true. But I would also like to see an article or something from Eaton about this situation. Just for peace of mind.

there is a huge write up over on the CTSV forums you can search out. I can't remeber if was a GM or eaton engineer posting in the thread. the wear in the shaft is by design. they consider it accpeptable it never eats into the shaft far enough to mechanically make it fail.

people call it an eaton thing but if my memory is correct it is a GM/eaton thing. the ford unit's use a coupler not issolator on some models. Hence the aftermaket going to a coupler on this blower as well. these shops did not just pull that out of their .... well you knows.

This blower is custom made for GM by eaton.

I read up about this stuff before I even had a car. LSA has been out since 2009. this is nothing new people just did not reasearch the engine before they bought the car. I was trying to figure out the best mods for the engine and stumbled into that stuff. there was no info on this site yet.

my rattle is livable right now and my bearing is quiet but I knew full well these would be issue I may have to deal with at some point before I had a car in my driveway.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote