View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #86
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
So update on the leak testing. I got a much more powerful air compressor, and immediately it was clear the the silicone piping from the intercooler to the throttle body was not clamped properly. Upon fixing that, I can get 6 psi into the leak tester and it won't go past that, and I can hear a hissing noise from the left side of the intake manifold under the plenum (can't feel much air coming out though). I am guessing it is the iceolator spacer, because the two intake bolts on the left side at the top center of the plenum don't catch as well, so I probably need to get longer ones. But before that, I was wondering, Magnum, have you tested the difference between having the iceolator on and off? Because I might just keep the stock bolts and just remove the spacer if it's gonna cause me trouble in the future.
I removed mine, the closest test I did back to back with them the spacers were almost a half second slower, but it wasn't a controlled test.

Also, your plenum cover might be leaking at the OEM gasket, mine was, I removed the gasket and put RTV to seal it.