View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 07:01 PM   #64
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry7297 View Post
I got a 3.91 GM Pumpkin from you. When I install this I have the BMR BK029 Pro version Differential bushings. Should I install those on a set of 3.91s?

I AutoX don't really drag race but may someday but not much.
From a performance stand point differential bushings are beneficial, the issue is that when you install them it can be a roll of the dice. Even from the factory there are is a pretty wide range in how the gears are set up. Some are quieter and some louder and the soft stock bushings do an incredibly good job of insulting the driver from any amount of gear noise that may exist. When you drop a stiffer set in there you lose some of that and suddenly you may hear it. That is when we get phone calls about how swapping the differential bushings caused gear noise. No, the noise was always there. You can just hear it now.

The differential bushings are one of those areas where you need to know what you are getting into. You may not notice much noise but then again you could. You just need to do the math for yourself as to whether it is worth it or not.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote