View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 03:49 PM   #2
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
For the mods I caught the bug watching the Money Pit show on the Donut Media youtube channel, it really made me feel these are things I could do with my own two hands, plus I like picking up and learning new skills so I decided that I will not bring my car into a shop unless completely necessary, and to date every mod has been done by hand with my dad helping out inside our modest garage, with exception of the tune and one time I had to bring the car to a family friend's house to use his welder. The theme for me is that I fell in love with the 5th gen and so I had no reason to change what I already liked, only enhance each feature, so specifically with exterior I try and reel it in a bunch, making as little impact as possible, here is the list of mods so far:
Drivetrain/exhaust:
-CAI cold air intake
-BBK shorty headers with high flow cats (yea I know already got roasted about this one by the dyno guy, I would like to get some LTs later but they are not cheap)
-Secondary intake scoop from phastek and rotofab windshield fluid relocation kit (I did not get the CAI adapter so the box and the fluid reservoir are colliding with enough force to create diamonds, or at least warp the box)
-GPI Rod Mod intake manifold, with underside heatshield
-Taylor Spark Plug wires (clips inside old ones wore out)
-NPP exhaust from a 1LE with working switch (the electronics to make the NPP work took months of fiddling to get perfect and there is an absolute electrical nightmare in the panels of the car with chains of relays)

Interior:
-Aftermarket Alpine radio (Came with the car, I hate it but it works and no reason to replace it)
-Retrofited color hud from a 2014-5 ZL1 (Gen5DIY did not send a stencil with their harness like they mentioned and did not respond when I asked for one, I tried to do my own but because of the odd shape ended up eyeballing it and there is a decent gap where I cut just a smidge too much)
-White Madness shifter kit with a 70s Amco shifter and a Z28 suede boot
-Front and rear dash cams (the rear doesn't work and manufacturer tried every move to not ship me new one, currently wired into a hardwired USB adapter inside the panels to not have wires running in the cabin)
-Custom Pleather gray/black seat covers
-3D mat floor mats (this was a pain, I wanted those rubber GM ones that had white highlights but could not find a set at the time and sunny washinston means rain and mud constantly so they had to be some rubber material, and 3D mats were only ones that didn't have enough ribs that you could use them as recovery mats offroad)

Exterior:
-1LE rear diffuser to fit the new mufflers
-z/28 style rear wing with a carbon fiber wicker bill (color matched via spray paint in the backyard, if the lighting is right you can't even tell... or so I keep telling myself)
-APR carbon fiber front splitter (not many pics, just installed last weekend)
-ZL1 addon jack point pads
-Rock guards (mini mud flaps) on both front and rear
-Backup cam in the read
-black metal "SS" license plate frames
-Fancy front license plate mount because WA state requires front plates

Misc:
-BMR Front Strut brace
-Various 3d printed caps and adapters
-A dyno tune (honestly if I had to do it again I would get a tuner and either learn to do it myself or do an online order one)
-Spare tire kit
-Pirelli all season tires
Attached Images