View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 04:51 AM   #11
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
For your first time do as stated above and concetrate on learning the course. Just double check your brake fluid and maybe change your oil. Dont worry about spending money on parts or shoes or anything like that. You may want to skip on buyinng the helmet and just use a loaner if they have them. I say this because you may find that you don't enjoy it and then you've spent all this money for notheing. I doubt that will be the case but you never know. If you do continue then buy your helmet and mayber upgrade your pads and fluids. Really not neccessary in the calss you will be in. Once you have four or five events under your belt you will definately want to upgrade your pads, brake fluid, maybe get SS lines and start looking for tires. Thats about all you can do and stay in the stock class. Anything else will put you in a Street Prepared class. Thats not a bad thing just sitffer competition. We have a V6 driver here locally who is hell on wheels. He usually beats me or if he doesnt its super close. Dont think you need HP to run faster. It's all driver. Especially on the shorter courses. Just go and have fun. Try not to be too competitive. Enjoy pushing your car to the limits in a safe enviroment.

If you are still having problems joining the SCCA you can go directly to their website and join. Your local chapter may have a discount if you join there the day of the race. Also the entry fee may be less if you are a memeber. All you would need is your member number which will be provided when you register to prove membership. Your card could take a month to get to you.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote