View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
brucedd
Account Suspended

Drives: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey123456 View Post
I just want to express how disappointing it is to be waiting for a car for months only to find out it's going to be upgraded for 2013. The fact that there will be a touchscreen on a car that maybe comes out 1-2 months later is frustrating. I don't want to hear those of you that talk about "you'll never get a car if you wait for next years updates." This is not a very intelligent comment for this situation because the 2013 comes out a couple of months after the 2012. Also, there those of you that talk about how the 2012 will give you a "permagrin." Wouldn't the 2013 do the same, but with better options? Companies shouldn't update a car that isn't even in the hands of the customers. This is a fail by GM. To me there are a couple of options, and I'd like to know what you guys would do of you were me.

1. Cancel 2012 and wait for 2013.
2. Cancel order all together, keep SS, and keep around 35k cash.
3. Wait it out and hope GM offers the touch screen as an option for the 2012 ZL1.

Primarily, I'd like to hear what you guys are doing to see if I am the only one who is disappointed.

I know my opinions are so anti-fan boy, but Chevy takes my dollars as happily as those they get from the most devout. Some people here remind me of the Animal House scene "Thank You Sir may I please have another"!!!

Yes I am disappointed, but it was expected to some degree that the 2013 would not just be a 2012 with a different model year only. I REALLY love that new touch screen, and I will pay to upgrade next year or sooner. But this is the price I pay for wanting to be first. I will buy the 2012, and honestly if that is the only difference to 2013 I will be pleased.

One part of the equation possibly missing from this is the 2013 MSRP. I am assuming that could change as well. It may increase so that the difference may be MORE than getting a 2012 and adding the touchscreen, who knows?

What I do know is that Chevy & GM have put me through quite a bit with this vehicle for the honor of giving them 60K. What I would LOVE to see (but I know they are not customer loyal enough to do) is to offer the 2013 upgrades at a reasonable upgrade cost to those that stuck with the 2012.

We will see, but I will take my 2012 nonetheless barring any further major GM faux pas.
brucedd is offline   Reply With Quote