View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Talking A6 3.91 gears or 1LE differential

Alright guys I kinda want this thread to be helpful for us A6 guys who are looking into the new gears 3.91 gears that chevy is now gonna start warranting. From my findings on this forum I have learned the following information which is helping me decided what are my options on this category.

1. A lot of M6 guys here have stated that the 3.91 gears are too much gear for our cars due to our differential being more aggressive than their M6. I don't think anybody that actually has a A6 that has the 3.91 gears in their car stated that it is too much for there car but you will have to be easy on the gas because it can be wild but it still is totally do able.

2. Because I know people will still say it is too much gear for our car can't us A6 guys just switch our super aggressive differential to a 1LE differential there for we don't have an aggressive 1st and 2nd gear? The only problem I see with is that I don't know if chevy will still keep our warranty with that part because it is more than just the 1LE gears.

3. If a A6 guy were to go and just get the 3.91 gears then some supporting mods that would help make these gears more practical would include some sticker tires and wider rims. Nitto Invo would be good for a set of street tires I would believe. My current set up is TsW Nurbergrings 20x9 front/20x10 rear. Invo Tires 275/40front 315/35. If anybody would like to include some suspension mods that would help with grip that would be great! The only thing I think that would help for sure would be some solid subframe bushings.

So list your opinion on this matter so we can have a solid amount of information for people who are thinking about doing this mod when this modification because fully available to everyone!
(Apparently if anybody leaves in Florida you can change your gears under warranty at the Chevy location in Fort Lauderdale next to sunrise if anyone was interested to do it now)