View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
I took some videos today but they were crappy because I was driving home from the dealer and left the new sunroof open (still getting used to that). I will take good ones tomorrow with and without the fuse so people can get an idea.

Questions:
Does the standard V6 exhaust have a fuse #8 and does it do anything?
-No, The NPP has flaps in the tips (you can actually see them) and the fuse closes them at certain RMP's. Pulling any fuse related to flaps that are in standard exhaust will have no effect, I can't see why GM would put a fuse in there for no reason if it wasn't NPP but it may be for something else. I no longer have Megan so I can't check sorry.
And I get what you're saying. However, it is clearly marked "exhaust flap" on the fuse box lid. If it were for something, I believe it would be indicated as such on the fuse box. But on my car, in the fuse box located in the truck, in space #8, it's for the exhaust flapper. But what I'm trying to find out is why I'd have the fuse, when I had just standard exhaust equipped.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote