View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Burning A Crazy Amount of Oil

So I've posted a bit about this before and have tried a lot of your guys' suggestions, but unfortunately my oil-burning problem is getting out-of-control. My old LLT spun a bearing at 50k miles because I wasn't filling up the oil fast enough as it burned (1/2 a quart a week). The used motor I replaced it with (has ~60k miles on it as of now) burns pretty much the same amount, but obviously I'm completely on top of it and always pour about 1/3 of a quart consistently every time I fill up on gas. The thing it I am just really worried that something will happen and more oil will burn than usual and next thing I know another engine replacement is needed. I am very desperate to do whatever I can besides swapping in another motor to mitigate the amount of oil burned. Spark plugs were changed less than 10k miles ago, I always check the PCV to make sure its clean, and I have a catch can.

I'm actually getting ready to do an oil change next weekend. I've had friends tell me they use certain oil brands on their oil-burning cars to combat it, can anyone attest to this that it works? Any oil brands that actually have higher burn temperatures that can help my issue somewhat?

Thank in advance for any advice.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote