View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #42
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Could I get a cup of coffee too? This 24hr "Sharin' the Camaro love" takes a toll sometimes....
GO TO BED! j/k

Thanks for the heads-up. I think this will help settle many people's worries about what's going to happen regarding ABL (I'm sorry - just following the acronym trend ). This may not be the news those people will want to read and there may be many disappointed (I am, for the record), but it's better that we get it somewhere, and working correctly, rather than the whole deal, and working poorly. In all honesty, I've wondered how much of a distraction the whole dash would've been (i.e. at night, when the interior is glowing - would it have been too bright to see outside of the car because of glare from the ABL). The ambient lighting that my wifey's Jetta has comes from two LEDs, right above the shifter that point light right onto that small area, and it doesn't create glare on the inside of the windshield and fornt door glasses, but they LEDs are really focused, not just out there. Given - it doesn't look nearly as good as the rendering many of us fell in love with, but maybe this isn't too bad of a thing.

Anyways, JMVHO, and at least it wasn't a total loss. I hope people can keep that in mind. Maybe some encouragement for GM to try to finish across the dash is in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I'd like to see it too. It just gave me the impression that some people are still in denial... apologies if I misunderstood
I'm still interested to see what it looks like too.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs