View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Have you ever ridden in a stock 302 powered z/28 from the 60's? No torque off the line unless it's wound up and yes they could wind high, but if we were talking stoplight to stoplight or even on the strip you couldn't beat the torque of the big block. Put the aluminum heads on with a check of the block and you're close enough to that small block's weight.
Z's were king on the windy's but not at the strip.
My friend, you are definately barking up the wrong tree this time!! Have I ever ridden in one? You bet your butt I have since I bought one new in '69 and drove it for a number of years. Can't beat the torque of a BB on the strip? I guess you haven't seen any of the D/S Z/28 record holders scaring the bejesus out of BBs and sometimes beating them. Do I need to post some of the current D/S videos yet again to let you see their under ten and a half second runs around 125mph? None of the first gen. Z/28 owners back in the day was worried about SS396 Camaros, they were not a real issue, the 325 hp and 350 hp versions were absolutely no issue, the 375 hp version made it a driver's race. The real thrust of my post is not so much what you or I think, it is what Chevrolet seemed to imply in their own ad copy, go back and read it again.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote