View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRRSS View Post
Hi

I need some help here! But basically my car WILL NOT exceed 82mph no matter how hard i step on the gas. Instead power will be cut, and a warning on the dash saying "Speed Limited to 82mph". I contacted on star and they did a remote diagnostic but found no codes. Best part was the chevy customer assistant who told me that Chevrolet Technicians said the car is programed to be limited at 82mph.

This is the first time anything like this has happened since i have owned the vehicle. In fact just yesterday i know for a fact that i had went over 85mph because somehow everyone around me was cruising at that speed.

My car is completely stock except for a Borla S Type Catback exhaust. It is also a 6speed SS.

Help!

*Please note that i do not usually drive at those speeds, but overtaking on the highway sometimes require going above the speed limit.
We apologize for the frustrations. I would get this checked out at a dealership for a proper diagnosis. Please let us know if you find the answer.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service