Thread: Camaro VS 370Z
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #159
JMM1181

Drives: '07 350z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Don't feel like reading the whole thread. I sat in both cars at the Chicago Autoshow and I loved the interior of the camaro and hated the 370Z. I also hated the new look of the 370Z. I drive a 00Z now and the only people who like those no torque japanese cars have never owned a muscle car. How do you give up all that V8 torque after experiencing it? The answer is you don't.

I've also driven tons of other high performance cars when I worked for a press fleet. All the Audi cars, S6, RS6, S4, RS4. I didn't even like the torque-less V8s that I had to spin to 7k as much as my LS1. Just talking about the engine itself, Audi make awesome cars. I would take my stock LS1 over any 400hp+ 4.2L German V8. Noticeably less torque. On the street I stay below 3k and have all the power I need. I have also driven the EVO VIII when it came out and it was a terrible daily driver. On paper it's got power, but it's very peaky and narrow. Once you go with a big V8 you never go back. I love that GM is staying with big displacement and increasing it all the time.
wanna cookie?

it's all preference, I know what you're saying because I drive my bro's charger to get the torquey 'round town, low rpm, V8 and I enjoy it fully, but it takes nothing away from what makes the 370z a unique car- they're not the same driving experience for sure, but it won't be long before every other car on the road is a camaro again, and the 370z will at least still be somewhat rare in comparison. And any V6 which competes directly with some of the best v8's on the market impresses me.