View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_BigC View Post
Its not rail dust its brake dust!

I can put my Camaro on chopping block right now and go out and tell you guys I KNOW that its brake dust all over your car that is rusting in the elements. Now i dont care how many people think im stupid or way out in left field when I say this, but fact of the matter is, that's your problem.

It has been a problem on our vehicles for many years, our wash rack/body shop cleans approx 5 a day. Most common are the vehicles that are white, silver or white diamond in color.

To fix your problem, find yourself a quality organic brake pad set that has no metal or no type of metal in the pad itself and I can guaranty that once you put these pads on your problem will go away. It has been a fix around our shop for years now.
ummmmm NOT! Brake dust gets on your wheels, some on the rear of the front fenders, and leading edge of the front doors, and a bit behind the rear wheels, not all over the car. Have you ever seen a new car get off a rail cargo box? I have, many times and they they are covered in rail dust/rust. Have you ever looked at a rail road track? They get rusty and the coat or rust gets powderized as the massive train metal wheels (rollers) cause friction..the powderized rust/dust flies all over the place and the rust/dust gets introduced to the car's surface via the vacuum created by the passing semin-open cargo boxes. The OP's was given a load of BS by the GM rep, period.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote