View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #27
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I like tata's, I don't like drinking and driving or cancer. But we did have a State Trooper that would substitute teach at my high school regularly. Drove his patrol car, wore his uniform and gun. And brought photo albums of lethal DUI accidents for us to see. A shoe 50 feet from the car, then you realize the foot is still in it, that sort. It left an impression.

I've heard not great things about that particular charity in terms of how much money goes to programs, but....

If indeed the vinyl wrap company, a dealership, or an individual paid to show support for a charity then good for them. That wasn't government money, at least I doubt it in that case, so if any private individuals want to support any charity then everyone needs to kind of take the ole "if you can't say something nice about it, don't say anything at all" stance. But really realize that somebody was contributing to fellow men and women in some way, and say to yourself, "Self, this person did something nice today, what did I do?" When I was working I gave a lot of money to charities, I never turned a legitimate charity away when they asked for help, not once turned one away as long as they were a real charity. Of course sometimes even the 501c3's turn out to have bad people running them, but I digress. But now that I've gone back to school full time and am broke I can't give money, but I try and look around and help people out in other ways. Lady couldn't reach something at the grocery store the other day, step in and grab it for her, guy in my car club said he was moving his storage unit, I drove my truck over to help out, another person said their cat was injured and they didn't have money for the vet, so I shot their cat for them while they were at work to put it out of my misery

ok, the last part was a bad joke. But the point is that whatever you can do you should, and if someone else is helping out somewhere be at least "That's cool" supportive of them.