Thread: F1 fans
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #16
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
drifting is simple. it's an exhibition of driving skill. It's not speed that you're worried about. It's about your angle and how close you can get to the perfect line. It shows that you can keep control of your car while staying sideways. That's why it's not really a race, but a competition.

Watching someone race around a track is alright, you are sometimes amazed at the speed they can corner at. Watching someone drift around a track (if they are good) is like an art form. No fishtailing, just smooth transitions from turning the car while continuing in a straight line, keeping the rear end straight while pointing the car in the direction of the exit and keeping it there while the car works itself around the turn almost magically. It's all about control.

Getting back to the original topic of the thread. I'm a big fan of F1. My stepdad had a box at the most recent Taylor Woodrow San Jose Grand prix with the atlantic series, champ cars and whatnot. I absolutely love the high pitched whien of the tiny engines. My ultimate supercar to own would be a Ferrari 355 Berlinetta. It's one of 3 cars that have that whine (the other two being the 360 challenge stradahle and the porsche Carrera GT). I watch the F1 races when I can but they're normally aired at like 3 AM since they're on the other side of the world most of the time.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote