View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Livestrg05

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM
Financing Mix Up

Some of you might know I'm new around here and really enjoy cruising around the forum - I've learned so much already. I haven't posted pics of my car yet to formally introduce myself but I'm now involved in a financing mix-up. I bought my Camaro on a Sunday approx 4 weeks ago. The next week I get a call from the F&I guy advising they got me a lower rate with another bank and I needed to come in to sign new paperwork. I tell him I live 3 hours away and can't get down there are willy nilly and to mail them to me and I'll return them asap (I'm happy though cause my payment goes down 30 bucks)

Jump to a week and a half later and I finally get an overnight FedEx with the paperwork, sign it and return it in their own envelope via FedEx back to them. A couple weeks go by and now I realize that my first payment from my original paperwork was supposed to be the 21st but I've never received anything from either the original bank or the new bank including the payment book, etc. I have no idea if the payment's due or even where to make it.

I call the guy and he says he never received back the paperwork I'm ticked off wondering why he didn't call me sooner?!?! I ask him what to do because I haven't received anything from the bank and I'm about to get paid and need to know whether I need to make my first payment - obviously I don't want to be late. He says "Oh, don't worry about the loan right now." He said he'll track the paperwork this morning and then give me a call from there.

Sorry for the long story, but I feel like I'm in a predicament. Has anyone gone through something similar? I imagine my first payment isn't going to be due this month because the loan hasn't yet been finalized if he hasn't received the paperwork but I don't know and I can't get a straight answer from this guy!
Livestrg05 is offline   Reply With Quote