Thread: Chakita
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #27
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
She cleans up pretty well

Chakita is running well with the new headers, exhaust and other mods. Still haven't been back to the dyno - it's on my list of things to do - and since the dyno only does pulls M-F that doesn't help.

I jumped over to the Adams forum for a bit and decided to do some clean up work. I've been using Meguiars products for years and have been pleased with the outcome. I decided I wanted to "step it up" a notch or two and see what happens when you get serious. Did a complete clay, machine polish, sealer, glaze and wax. Talk about an all day sucker: started about 10 in the morning and finished up about 6 with the sealer. Started again Sunday morning with the glaze and wax, then did a quick interior wipe down with Adams VRT. With everything done, had about 10 hours in the job but it looks a thousand percent better... See for yourself. The last pic of the hood shows two things: the reflection and clarity of the end result and the orange peel from the factory. I think the paint robot had a hangover that day.
Attached Images

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote