View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #8
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Moose, I don't want near Corvette performance in my Camaro I just want a V8. I could be happy with a V6, but I want the sound and feel of a V8. My goal with this car is to have that ONE car that will always be "mine", the car of my youth (in case i can't keep it), and I want that car to have a V8 because I want a kickass new American car with a V8 before they dissappear from the grasp of the everyman. Unlike many others I know in my age I don't have illusions that I'll someday be a millionare. I just want ONE good car, ONE nice house, ONE wife and family and so on. I've had it rough at times in my life and I'm not expecting the other stuff to come true anytime soon so I just...I just want the car. Please can't I just get the f***ing car......?

Well, if you want the kickass V8 with the V8 sound and feel, there are other options. The Dodge Challenger is built off the same chassis as the 300 and Charger, and will have two V8s and a V6, which should make it affordable in the long run. And of course, there is the Mustang, which we all know is very affordable. So if you want a V8, you don't have to just look at GM and the Camaro.

Interestingly, Chrysler gets penalized for CAFE fines every year and pays it and doesn't care, just like Mercedes and BMW. GM is a big company with lots of money. Why not just pay the fine like Chrysler does? Will it really affect their bottom line that much? If they sell in high volume and beat the competition in sales, wouldn't paying the CAFE fine still be worth it?