View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #115
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAN View Post
And the worst of it is, in our old Impala SS and current G8 GT, the transition is absolutely imperceptible. But in the Camaro, boy, there was never any doubt, and it intruded ALL the time in city driving. Highly annoying. Ended up trading out of it for a Corvette (no AFM and a better transmission tune BTW). While we definitely will be getting another Camaro (there were other issues w/ our first one), if it's an automatic, I WILL be getting AFM tuned out and will just live with the consequences. For me, the car isn't worth having w/ AFM in it's current form.
Amen! That's why I made this post. If you are one of those people who don't notice AFM (like my wife), then enjoy! But if you are planning to purchase an auto, please drive it on a lengthy test drive. Just realize if you notice hesitations, odd exhuast notes and the gear shift vibrating at low speeds... it not your imagination and I doubt you will just "learn to ignore it". But a tuned L99 is a different car!

Honestly, I would pay a gas guzzle tax for LS3 Auto, and if people could drive both at a dealer I think a lot of people would too. The tax would be equal to a couple of options or about the same as the RS package.

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote