View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #9
MDCammyMomma

Drives: 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFire View Post
Thank you for the info MDCammymomma! It was very interesting. Should we consider ordering one ( not an ABM )? I really don't know the process of ordering however.... Information please?
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you...haven't been on here in a while - busy fighting kidney stones.

Anyway, others' suggestions to check with dealers on this forum is definitely a great place to start but most of the better ones on here don't live near you so you would have to travel to pick it up or have it shipped. But do a search for a thread about dealers. I myself preferred to be able to go to my dealership in person and deal with them there on pick-up day in case of any problems, etc. I drove almost 4 hours to get mine though. Other than that, start calling around to dealers in your area and talking to the sales managers and asking them straight up what kind and how many allottments they currently have for the Camaro (bigger dealerships and those that sell a lot of Camaros are given more allottments). Also ask that if you were to place an order for one with them, what number allottment would you be given and when would they expect your car to come in. Find out what their deposit policy is too. Now of course none of this means anything if the dealer isn't reputable to start with. They could promise you the moon but change their mind or the bottom line already agreed to once the car is in their hot little hands. If you can, find out the dealer's reputation and at least get a feel for them when you talk to them. Again, this forum is a great resource.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you need anything else answered.
@ 10/16/09, dealer advised TPW changed to 10/26/09
3300 - order selected for production 10/26/09
3400 - order broadcast 10/27/09
3800 - vehicle produced. It's a blue Camaro!! Born 10/29/09
5000 - received at dealership 11/04/09
6000 - Delivered to me! 11/14/09 (I had black granite stripes painted on)
It is truly awesome looking! Totally gorgeous & worth the wait!
MDCammyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote