View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #88
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
The C63 has more scoops and vents than a pontiac bodykit, so being the extrovert car that it is, 2 years ago, I can say with certainty, you'd not find too many folks sticking their camera out the window as you drive past them on the interstate to take your picture or video your car....so I'm sorry but you fail as to say the C63 would get more attention than a Camaro....a Lambo, probably, but not a 4door Mercedes.

Its painfully obvious that you fail to understand that BMW is the ultimate driving machine not Mercedes (1), a comment was made about German auto's being the king, and since BMW crowns Mercedes as the enthusiasts car, I'm comparing something "better" than the Mercedes for reference. The ride of the C63 is harsh, and considering this is a 4door and should offer some "comfort" cruising around town, did I mention it too is obese like the camaro, which also like the camaro has a problem with an overdamped suspension, but unlike the camaro, its brakes are subject to fade when pushed, and in driving typical of an enthusiaist it gets (gulp) 10mpg...but I guess that's what you get for 60k...10mpg is a pretty good value...I'm only getting around 20mpg in mixed driving with my 550rwhp camaro though. Granted the C63 AMG runs better than its spec sheet suggests, the 6.2L motor is arguably superior to the LS3 in terms of how the car runs vs power output...IE you will not see a LS3 camaro with headers and CAI (which would be rated probably over 450hp flywheel based on rwhp #'s) run 12.3 @ 116, or at least I don't think you would.

OH, and you said if I want speed by a ducati?? Why because for 20K less I'm faster?? The Mercedes is a "sports" sedan, while you do get an incredible amount of "sport", it doesn't match the amount of sport you can get for alot less money with "other" cars...IMHO.

And as far as amenities and interior, "Yes, some of the interior plastics aren’t up to par, but the C-class experience is about more than plastic", says one review. I'm sure like all AUDI, BMW and Mercedes, the amenities and interior's are very impressive, my point was, what the heck does it matter...Leather is leather, plastic is plastic...its not like the interior is made of platinum....or the car drives itself...I have had fine German auto's and can honestly say, I'm no more impressed with the materials or the ergonomics than I am with the Camaro. Could the Camaro seats be better, YES, could it have Nav, yeah, but factory nav's by and large suck and you have to pay to update them, my google GPS on my blackberry as done just fine. I'd like to have memory seats, but other than that, I don't know what else I could ask for...IDrive, or something similar I can live without. For the $$ you saved you could get DRV customs to do a full custom interior...FWIW.

The price of entrace on the Mercedes is far too high to commend it with any "value" title (2), you pay 60K for it then say a mod for 50rwhp is only $1000...so what, you just paid 60K, so with the mod, your at 61K...big whoop.

I like the Mercedes, I really do, but If I had 60K to spend on any car in the world, that wouldn't be it, it probably wouldn't be in my top 10.

I'm not trying to argue, but this is not a black and white decision, picking a car never is, there is more to this decision than "pimpness", or the badge on the front of the car, or the price tag, and your just being close minded if you don't understand there ARE reasons why someone might select the Camaro over this C63...so the OP is not crazy in thinking this is a tough decision.