View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #20
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Much progress the past week while I'm waiting for the body shop to finish up painting the MPD1 parts & 3dCarbon ground effects. I got all the BMR bushings on, the Pfadt rear arm package, and the Granatelli 1G suspension brace installed. I also got a front fascia close out panel from SLP, and since the body shop already has my front bumper because I'm removing that ugly front license plate and going with a remote controlled Show & Go plate, they're filling the holes left by the license bracket so we're also going to fill in the front mail slot and give it a smooth appearance, as opposed to seeing the close out piece outline. Also installed the black satin billet SS on the new Heritage Grille and can't wait to see that on the car instead of the stock grille & Bowtie.

Here's some pics of the new BMR bushings & the underside work completed.

The pumpkin with new bushings, I will admit the BMR kit is so superior to the stock bushings, makes you wonder with GM puts that shit in there.

The rear end

It really is awesome doing everything on a brand new car, no dirt, no caked on greasy grim, the car's so damn clean it really makes this transformation so nice & easy. Although getting some of the stock bushings out were a real BITCH!

Going to install my D Rev Catch Can & Breather Cap, along with the Granatelli Coil Packs & wires while I'm waiting.

Back together & now with the Granatelli 1G Brace

I also ordered a set of Stainless Steel Brake lines from Granatelli Motorsports. Those guys have awesome products for the Gen 5, if you haven't checked them out you really should. Ask for Richard or Jassper and they will REALLY take care of you with products & pricing!!! I cannot thank them enough!!!
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/index.html

I also decided to go with an aftermarket shock since the whole suspension has been redone, why not add better shocks. I'll be researching them tonight.

Thanks for looking & following my build!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote