View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
L99 muffler replacement with GM performance mufflers

Sorry for the bother on this but I need your help and honest input. Tonight I'm going to install my K&N cai filter system and my real issue is installing the GM Performance mufflers tomorrow. I'm getting ready to take the SS on vacation and was wondering if any one has an opinion on if I should install the axle back GM performance mufflers knowing that I have an automatic L99 and some members have had issues with this particular modification.

I have read everything I can find in the L99 factory muffler replacement and the drone and AFM thing and I really have to say arghhhhhhh.......... Just not sure what to do on this one.

I purchased the GM performance muffler from one of the forum members that decided to go a different route with their exhaust. They had the GM exhaust on and L99 automatic and did not seem to mind it at all. On the other hand, several members that have installed the GM performance mufflers on their L99 seem to have major issues.

I have been driving my SS a lot lately to see if I can detect drone or AFM and I must say, hmmmmmmm..... I'm not sure what it is or sounds like for that matter. I know that my system is stock but I can not detect what people say they hear and experience even with the car totally stock.

So to quit rambling, can a few of you that have installed the GM Performance Axle Back mufflers on there SS give me an idea if you love it, hate it, wish you would have done it sooner, wish you had avoided it, etc.

I've heard some videos that show that the GM performance muffler can give the SS the added growl and rumble I'm looking for but is it livable with the L99 automatic.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I know this is a well beaten horse but I just need some honest input before I get the GM Performance mufflers installed in the morning. Maybe I won't.........

Again, thanks for your time and patience

Peace,

Mj
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote