View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #5700
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Another thing to consider is storage. Where will it be when not in use.

Overall, a shotgun is probably the best for home defense but how big is she? If you go 12g and she is smaller, she won't want to ever practice shooting it after the first session.

A small .380 or 9mm might be just the ticket. She can carry it around the house with her. Think about it, she is somewhere in the house and hears a strange noise. Instead of having to go get the gun and then find the source, if she is already armed she can go straight to the source. That eliminates a lot of unknowns as in she finally gets to the source, notices a broken in front door and now she has to figure out where the person is - are they inside and where inside? Also, if already armed, she has eliminated the step of arming herself and can focus on getting to her son or getting themselves out of the house safely.

Carrying it with her around the house will mean she knows where it is all the time.

I actually have a friend who runs drills just like these for his family using airsoft guns, etc. He has opened my eyes a bit about things I never considered regarding a home invasion and I have been a cop for 17 years...
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote