View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #603
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Okay, I was pleased with the IPF tune and still am (performance wise). However, IPF's response time has gotten ALOT worse recently and now I cannot get them to respond when I need it. So...I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I need the tuner update to tune out the CEL I keep getting and I am having to rent the tuner module again for the update when they should have taken care of it in the first place when I told them what was going on (before I first tuned the car). This has been going on for more than 4 months...
Yep that is un-acceptable. Customer service and attention needs to be #1 always. Seems like I have read in the past that IPF didn't seem to have enough tuning modules to go around but that might not be true as well. Have you contacted Jesse, Arno, and there is another IPF tuner user here named Tobi or something like that (not quite sure). I'd contact all of them, but definitely call the company instead of relying on email. Have you called and talked to someone? Just curious?

Anyways, I posted this in a different thread, but may as well post it here:

Well guys I've been back on the stock tune from Trifecta for about a week now and have driven the car 75 - 100 miles or so. Car runs great! Fuel trims look good. Gas mileage is about the same as far as I can tell.

Some of you may recall me complaining about my car feeling sluggish lately. I don't know what caused it, and I'm not blaming Trifecta here since I obviously can't prove it was the tune. Fuel trims looked fine while on the tune as well, and I did a datalog a month or two ago and Vince told me everything looked fine...no change needed.

But I can't deny that my car now seems to be running better again, pulling with more authority and feeling strong, like it was earlier (which during that time I was also using the Trifecta tune). The only thing I can say with 100% certainty is that my car runs just as good now on the stock tune as it ever did with the modified tune.

Still need to revert back to the stock TCM tune as the Trifecta program failed on me after it finished uploading the stock tune and before it started to load the TCM. I do know the stock tune took though, as it will no longer let me rev past 4,000 rpm in park.

Will likely have my Trifecta cable up for a decent price soon if anyone wants it.