View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:44 AM   #30
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Porsche has gone 2.6 to 60 and 10.7@129 in the 1/4 bone stock. As for lap times, nice mag racing, but same day same driver tests are hard to find. And since when are you the authority to decide what model from the Porsche line up gets compared to the Corvette line up? Since when is a Cayman/Boxter a competitor to the Corvette? You're basing everything on price again. I've seen these 10.6xx zr1 runs made in -1400 DA, big deal. Like I said, ZR1 and the Z06 got toppled as kings of the hill by both the GT-R and the 911T, that's why Chevy put the PSS Cups on them. In fact, especially on the Nurburgring, the ZR1 couldn't crack a 7:38, just like the 911T, when it was in stock trim. Once they started using safety equipment", as in roll cages, in turn stiffening the car, and then throwing the "optional" DOT competition tires on them did they start "winning" that battle. Ring times are a marketing gimmick, and GM releasing track times that people can't seem to replicate is another one. In the end, like I said, you would be hard pressed to find anyone cross shopping the two. Porsche guys and Corvette guys are equally passionate about their own brands. I like both, but I prefer the 911 for it's every day livability and blend of performance and luxury.
I clearly said dont come on here spouting your excuses and opinions and what do you do? You post opinions and excuses. Get back to me with some hard facts on performance. Until a bone stock 911 Turbo does 10.5 ET in the 1/4 and beats the ZR1 records on all those tracks you need to admit your WRONG. Why do you keep bringing up cross shopping? How is it relevant? I'm talking about performance between 1 car to the other. Both cars have been compaired to each other since 1965 in this regard. They are CONSTANTLY tested against each other. When GM builds the Corvette they have a target model Porsche to beat. I'm not the one who decides that. That was GM. You can try to make all the excuses you want for Porsche but the numbers don't lie. Ohh and I didnt even list Nurburgring. LOL. Many of the ones I listed were done independantly from GM so how again could it be a marketing gimmick? Your other excuses about tires and what not is just that its excuses. I get told alot of those too when I beat someone.