View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #147
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
I am not surprised that is is higher with the scoop, just curious what other number represents. My guess would be without the scoop when means your air flow on the Camaro is somewhat restricted due to placement of the water bottle, front fascia, etc. The scoop funnels and therefore increases the flow of air specifically towards the CAI, so it is logical to think that is would result in some increase. The question would be did they also test it with a Hood style ram air intake like the Z-Force or Force 5 hoods mentioned above. I would be interested to seeing a comparison of the three of those (race scoop, hood scoop, no scoop) all side-by-side. Regardless of which option you choose, there is going to be an increase in performance.

For me, the hood is as much about looks as it is about function. I really like the MPD hood designs and a hood scoop to me is synonymous with the muscle cars that I grew up loving. So do I care that this is a functional hood scoop designed to work with the CAI, Inc intake I already have on the car, absolutely. Am I more excited about the fact that my hood is going to look badass... damn straight I am.

Eric, I will give you a call right around the first of December and complete the order. Really looking forward to getting this ordered, painted and installed.

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
I was not thinking that at all. Just was on CAI's website and seen the info on hp figures with a race scoop. Actually surprised it was higher with the scoop.

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6

Last edited by scoticus.rex; 11-22-2013 at 07:50 AM.
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote