Thread: A plea to GM
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
OUQTU
Former 2SS/RS Owner

Drives: Mini Countryman
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
That certainly is too bad, but the good news is that you are going to be saving money in the end (even if you have to wait a little longer). Hopefully, more people will realize that dealer (Win Kelly) is a bad one and the market will punish them (out of business).
I'd certainly like to see them get burnt in some way, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say they should go out of business (I don't know if everyone there deserves to lose their jobs). The guy I was dealing with was their "Internet Sales Manager" and he was definitely up to something. He kept deflecting my attempts to see my WorkBench sheet, was sticking to $3K over MSRP no matter what I told him other dealers were offering, and outright lied to me by trying to tell me GM wasn't going to be building any SS models for "a long time." I think he was actually trying to get me to bail on my order so he could keep it for floor stock when it came in. I checked with Chevrolet Customer Service yesterday and they still had not cancelled my order in WorkBench. I'm trying to get it cancelled from GM's end.
OUQTU is offline   Reply With Quote