View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #10
SS Joey

Drives: 12' Black Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
What do you mean I should pick a sub? Aside from the 10w7? Or are you talking about something else?

Hmm... this is very worrisome. I was told the JL C5's were great sounding. Even the place I'm getting them installed told me they were going to sound great with the setup I mentioned earlier. Are the C5-650's really that lacking in mids? Since I already ordered the speakers is there something I can do to accommodate the lack of mids? I definitely want mid range not just highs.
After I had them installed my audio guy recommended adding drivers to the back...I left the JL c2650's in the front and added Pioneer 500x 6.5's to the back and a driver tweeter on each side in the back (had to do some cutting)...it sounds much better now, just no bass at all. I am ordering the JL 10w7 and JL hd750.1 with ******** stealth box, hopefully should fix the lack of bass problem
2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible * Forgiato Wheels 24" front 26" rear * Catback Magnaflow Exhaust with 5" chrome tips * Blacked out emblems * AAC Aqua interior and footwell lights * VIS Terminator Carbon Fiber Hood * Pioneer Double Din/Carbon Fiber Scosche Kit * Oracle Red LED bowtie *
SS Joey is offline   Reply With Quote