View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick john View Post
Thanks Caver.... I should be getting the call to come pick up my car today or tomorrow. And i will take it easy driving home and do a couple of the heated and cool off runs before I let it rip.

And double fatty, I am an ls3 6 speed w/ cam, c.a.i., Lt's, 3 inch, high flo-cats, dyno tune 6 months ago @ 440whp. But my gear installer is going to re-run the car on his dyno-jet before and after he puts the gears in, so I too am anxious to see what if any diference there will be... Running the 1/4 mile last year i was 12.7 w/ 3rd gear against the limiter @110. So it's gonna be a whole different ball of wax this year, I think.
You probably won't see any HP gain from gears...maybe some torque but the butt dyno and 1/4 mile times should be much better. Post up what the dyno says. It will be intresting to see the differnce.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote